The Central Bank of Madagascar has confirmed that acting governor Guy Ratovondrahona died yesterday, after reportedly suffering a stroke on his journey to work.
Ratovondrahona took up the post of acting governor in February 2012, after the Madagascan government controversially dismissed the incumbent Frédéric Rasamoely.
He initially joined the central bank as director-general – essentially Rasamoely's right hand man – in April 2011. His responsibilities included sitting on the commission for
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously