The IMF today endorsed the Bank of Japan's (BoJ's) radical easing plan as a "sweeping enhancement" of its previous policy, but stressed that complementary growth and fiscal reforms "are essential for raising inflation in a durable manner".
In its Article IV consultation with Japan, released today, the IMF said the BoJ's qualitative and quantitative easing was boosting the country's domestic demand, inflation and growth prospects.
Japan's core inflation jumped to 0.4% in June – its highest level
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde