A Reserve Bank of India working group believes the country's demand for gold imports is a major source of India's "bulging trade deficit" and must be curbed.
The working group was created to study gold-related issues, in particular whether large gold imports are a threat to India's external stability. In a draft report of its findings, released on January 2, the group raised concerns the gold-driven increase in India's current account deficit threatened its ability to maintain an adequate foreig
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields