A Reserve Bank of India working group believes the country's demand for gold imports is a major source of India's "bulging trade deficit" and must be curbed.
The working group was created to study gold-related issues, in particular whether large gold imports are a threat to India's external stability. In a draft report of its findings, released on January 2, the group raised concerns the gold-driven increase in India's current account deficit threatened its ability to maintain an adequate foreig
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says