A Bangladeshi man has been charged with attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction, after the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) said it foiled his attempt to detonate a 1,000 pound ‘bomb' outside the headquarters of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
The FBI alleges that Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis bought a large quantity of what he believed to be explosives from an FBI agent posing as a member of al-Qaeda, his intention being to "destroy America" by targeting the economy.
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market