The Central Bank of Chile's financial operations director, Beltran de Ramon, on August 27 reviewed the outsourcing of Chile's pension reserve fund (PRF) at an annual Chilean Investors Forum in Santiago.
Ramon outlined how in January, the PRF – one of Chile's two sovereign wealth funds – was transferred to external fund managers, undergoing a change in investment approach in the process.
In Chile, the central bank controls the fund's management, but the investment policies and risk-return profile
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS