The Bank of Uganda last week held a celebration to thank four of the six members of its board of directors, whose terms ended in early June. No decision has yet been made regarding their replacements or possible reappointments.
A spokesperson for the central bank today explained that the president of the country has yet to make a decision on whether the four members will be reappointed or replaced. However, the make-up of the board being left in limbo was "not a problem", according to the spokse
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor