The Bank of Uganda last week held a celebration to thank four of the six members of its board of directors, whose terms ended in early June. No decision has yet been made regarding their replacements or possible reappointments.
A spokesperson for the central bank today explained that the president of the country has yet to make a decision on whether the four members will be reappointed or replaced. However, the make-up of the board being left in limbo was "not a problem", according to the spokse
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- RBA paper modifies DGSE to include housing sector