The UK government and the Bank of England (BoE) today (June 1) announced that Andrew Bailey will be appointed to the interim Financial Policy Committee (FPC), replacing Hector Sants, chief executive of the Financial Services Authority (FSA), who stands down in June.
Bailey joined the FSA in April 2011 as deputy head of the Prudential Business Unit and director of UK Banks and Building Societies. He is also an executive director at the BoE. Bailey will take on the role of head of the Prudential B
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor