Norway's central bank, Norges Bank, revealed plans to create a third arm of core activities on March 16.
Announcing the decision to establish a Department for Markets and Banking Services, the bank clarified that the Financial Stability and Monetary Policy Departments will continue to exist, but will shift their focus to policy formulation.
Under the new organisational structure, the core activities of Norges Bank will be divided into three departments, as opposed to the two functioning previous
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde