A report into the decline of the Kenyan shilling against other currencies, which calls for the governor of the central bank to step down, was on February 14 introduced into the House of the Kenyan National Assembly.
The Report of the Parliamentary Select Committee on the Decline of the Kenya Shilling against Foreign Currencies contained stinging criticism of Njuguna Ndung'u, the governor of the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK).
In a section dedicated to the governor, the Committee reported that Ndung
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor