Proposals issued by the European Commission to introduce a common bond in the euro area have been met with scepticism by analysts, who believe the measures will do little to alleviate the high borrowing costs faced by sovereigns in the region.
In a paper released on Wednesday, the European Commission unveiled three new proposals for the possible financing of public debt through 'stability bonds', more commonly known as Eurobonds. The commission categorised the three broad approaches based on the
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart