The creation of a common euro area bond will not feature in discussions between European leaders scheduled on Tuesday, despite renewed interest in the instrument.
On Monday, a spokesperson for the German government said the topic of eurobonds was not included on the agenda of a meeting between French President Nicholas Sarkozy and German Chancellor Angela Merkel. The two are set to meet in Paris on Tuesday to discuss proposals to reform economic governance in the euro area.
The idea of a common
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system