The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) has announced that a deputy will replace the retired registrar of banks as a temporary measure.
Former chief banking regulator Errol Kruger retired at the end of July. The central bank revealed on Monday that it has promoted Michael Sidney Blackbeard, previously one of the deputy registrars, to the top role until a full-time replacement for Kruger is chosen.
"The SARB has already embarked upon a process of identifying a potential candidate for appointment a
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market