The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has released the first instalment of its financial support for Portugal.
The executive board of the IMF on Friday approved a three-year special drawing right (SDR) 23.742 billion (about €26 billion or $36 billion) arrangement under the Extended Fund Facility for Portugal.
The money was given in support of the authority's economic adjustment and growth programme.
This programme made SDR 5.6 billion immediately available to Portugal. In 2011, "total IMF financ
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows