Nout Wellink, governor of the Netherlands Bank, has voiced concerns over the European Central Bank's (ECB) bond purchasing programme.
In an interview published on Friday with Het Financieele Dagblad, a Dutch daily, Wellink called for a reduction of ECB support in bond markets.
The comments originally appeared in Het Financieele Dagblad in Dutch and were translated into English by several news sources as follows: "We have to stop the current policy because the risks are becoming too big...We are
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS