With a fresh round of downgrades for eurozone peripherals announced on Tuesday, a research paper published by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) could not be timelier.
Standard & Poor's (S&P), one of the big three credit rating agencies, lowered Portugal's sovereign rating from BBB to BBB–, just one notch above junk status. Greece was taken down two notches to BB– from BB+. Both downgrades were made just as an IMF working paper announced that exactly this type of news can have wide-reaching e
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde