Dealers are railing against central banks for what they see as hypocrisy – while policy-makers call for wider use of collateral in derivatives markets or push participants towards the use of central counterparties (CCPs), central bank dealing desks refuse to post collateral themselves and have also negotiated an exemption from incoming European clearing rules. It's a policy dealers claim is exposing the industry to huge funding costs and risks.
"If you go back to the financial crisis, what immed
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms