The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) will issue Chinese sovereign bonds using its bond tendering platform after an agreement was reached between China's finance ministry and the HKMA that will expand the market for renminbi bonds.
On Monday Eddie Yue, the deputy chief executive of the HKMA, and Sun Xiaoxia, the director general of the finance department at the ministry of finance, signed a memorandum of cooperation to use CMU bid, a bond tendering platform offered by the Central Moneymarkets
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously