The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) will issue Chinese sovereign bonds using its bond tendering platform after an agreement was reached between China's finance ministry and the HKMA that will expand the market for renminbi bonds.
On Monday Eddie Yue, the deputy chief executive of the HKMA, and Sun Xiaoxia, the director general of the finance department at the ministry of finance, signed a memorandum of cooperation to use CMU bid, a bond tendering platform offered by the Central Moneymarkets
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?