The Asian Development Bank (ADB), a multilateral institution, launched its first international renminbi bond on Tuesday.
The bond, which was launched in Hong Kong, drew an order book of more than Rmb2 billion ($30.9m), leading the ADB to increase its issuance from Rmb1 billion to Rmb1.2 billion.
McDonalds, a food company, and Hopewell Highways Infrastructure, a Hong Kong building company, have also issued international renminbi bonds in Hong Kong. However, with a ten-year maturity and a triple-A
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio