The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision on Monday released new guidelines to fill gaps in governance standards highlighted by the crisis.
The Principles for enhancing corporate governance outlined six key areas where the committee believed deficiencies in standards persisted: the role of the board; the qualifications and composition of the board; the importance of an independent risk management function, including a chief risk officer or equivalent; the importance of monitoring risks on an on
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?