Dejan Šoškić, the head of the Serbian central bank's supervisory board, was on Monday nominated to be the next chief of the institution following the surprise resignation of Radovan Jelašić in late March.
The central European country's ruling coalition picked Šoškić, an academic and former adviser to the central bank, for the role of governor. Mirko Cvetković, Serbia's prime minister, said the nomination would be submitted to the National Assembly's finance committee, which must make the final ap
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency