Standard & Poor's, one of the big-three rating agencies, on Tuesday placed Japan's sovereign ratings on negative watch, saying that the government's diminishing policy flexibility could result in a downgrade unless fiscal and deflationary pressures could be quashed.
Japan holds an AA rating for both its foreign-currency and yen denominated debt.
"The ratings on Japan could fall by one notch if economic data remain weak and measures to boost medium term growth are not forthcoming, given the count
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency