China Investment Corporation (CIC) is expected to shift its focus away from the United States and Europe and move its wealth increasingly into emerging markets, an academic linked with the sovereign wealth fund has said.
Lu Honguin, the president of the Shanghai Institute of International Finance, said on Thursday that as part of the second stage of its development, CIC would look to shift from European and United States markets.
Speaking at the National Asset Liability Management conference in
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says