China Investment Corporation (CIC) is expected to shift its focus away from the United States and Europe and move its wealth increasingly into emerging markets, an academic linked with the sovereign wealth fund has said.
Lu Honguin, the president of the Shanghai Institute of International Finance, said on Thursday that as part of the second stage of its development, CIC would look to shift from European and United States markets.
Speaking at the National Asset Liability Management conference in
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure