Oleksandr Savchenko, a deputy governor of the National Bank of Ukraine, resigned on Friday in protest to political influence in the central bank's policies.
"I have filled my resignation. It would be dishonourable to remain silent and wait. The [central bank] is not independent, it is engaged in politics, and sometimes it is being involved in certain schemes and speculations," Savchenko told reporters.
"The central bank policies led to the hryvnia's destabilisation, economic contraction and a de
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations