Antonio Jussivan Alves dos Santos, whose gang dug an 80-metre tunnel beneath two city blocks in order to break into the central bank's vault, was sent down for 49 years and two months on Wednesday 5 March for his part in the biggest-ever Brazilian heist. He was also charged with money laundering and racketeering.
Santos was arrested in Brasilia on Monday 25 February, more
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations