"The debt level in the households is increasing sharply," Gjedrem said in the script to a speech at a meeting with local SR-Bank. "Parallel growth in debt and housing prices represent a risk."
He said he anticipated that continued credit growth would mean that average household debt by 2004 will exceed 150 percent of yearly income.
The central bank
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations