UK finance minister Gordon Brown has suggested the IMF use some of its gold reserves to write off $12 billion (R72 billion) of debt as part of a wide-ranging plan for poverty relief.
Asked if he supported the proposal, Manuel said the revaluing of the IMF's gold was "very necessary".
Manuel was speak
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré