The bank's reserves are called gold and forex reserves, so there should be no hesitation, he added.
Putin made the comments in Magadan, a gold-producing region.
At the beginning of the month, the central bank's gold reserves stood at 3.73 bln usd, representing 2.2 pct of the bank's total reserves.
The global gold price continues to shock consumers, up $4.15 ounce
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde