Ernst Welteke announced that the bank was planning to sell some of the gold reserves it holds in its vaults. The news had an immediate impact on the global price of gold, causing it to slump almost $US5 an ounce to $US293. The price of oil also fell, as concerns grew over whether Russia would continue to comply with planned production cuts of 150,000 barrels per day. The global oil
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?