The required reserve ratio will increase by 50 basis points to 11 per cent with effect from May 15, the central bank announced in a statement on its website.
"Raising the reserve ratio is a rather easy and flexible measure for the central bank," said Wang Xiaoguang, an economist at the National Development and Reform Commission, according to Xinhua news agency.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations