Nguyen Dong Tien, director of the central bank's Monetary Policy Department, told Dow Jones Newswires that the move is expected to begin within the next two months.
"Commercial banks will have better chances to work with the central bank in regulating money circulation in the two trading days each week, Tien said,
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde