The debate in Congress comes the day after the government and the provinces agreed a key tax-sharing deal seen as crucial if the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is to restore funding.
Passing of the budget, for which IMF approval is also sought, might trigger the unlocking of billions of dollars from international lenders.
Fresh funds from the IMF
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde