Zhou Xiaochuan, the governor of the People's Bank of China, in March said that the SDR - which is based on a basket comprising the yen, sterling, the dollar and the euro - should replace the dollar as the global reserve currency.
However, Steve Hanke, a professor at Johns Hopkins University, in article for GlobeAsia, a magazine, questioned the wisd
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré