"Perhaps we could put part of the Bundesbank's gold reserves into a foundation, from which the proceeds could solely be used for research and development," Schroeder told the weekly Die Zeit in an interview. "But that decision would be up to the Bundesbank," he added.
The issue of using gold reserves to fin
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say