The pound fell 0.4 % against the dollar and 0.1 % against the euro after the loan was announced. But market commentators warned against viewing the payment as a sign of liquidity problems.
Gertjan Vlieghe, a European rates strategist at Deutsche Bank, a commercial bank, said: "We do not read this as particularly inform
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations