A default by Argentina, which owes a total of $132bn, would shake investors' confidence in emerging market debt, making it harder for many developing countries to borrow.
Full details have yet to be made public, but the restructuring plan centres on swapping $95bn worth of government bonds paying 15% interest for longer-term securities whic
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power