The Bank of Norway said it would not buy foreign exchange for its sovereign wealth fund, the Government Pension Fund, in December. The announcement follows news that Nkr104.4 billion ($18.9 billion) was knocked off the value of the fund, a store of the country's vast oil wealth, in the third quarter by the appreciation of the krone.
The krone's appreciation was enough to ensure that the fund made a loss in the third quarter, despite making a Nkr 21.3 billion return on investment.
The krone ap
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré