Al-Thani's announcement follows Kuwait's and Syria's decisions to abandon the dollar peg earlier this year, which have led to speculation that other Middle Eastern economies would follow suit.
Kuwait decided in May to shift to a basket of currencies after the fall in the dollar's value led to inflation. Syria decided in June to replace the dollar peg with links to the
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting