The Minister for Finance in Ireland, Mr McCreevy attempted to access the foreign currency reserves held by the Central Bank in advance of last year's Budget, but was refused.
It is as yet unclear whether or not the Minister will seek the ECB's approval for such a move this
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?