The ECB attributed the change in gold reserves to the sale of gold coins by one national central bank of the Eurosystem.
Meanwhile, the Eurosystem's foreign currency reserves decreased by EUR0.3 billion during the week to EUR257.1 billion as a result of customer and portfolio transactions.
The ECB also said that ca
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?