The Bundesbank is entitled to sell up to 120 metric tons of gold a year until 2009 under the European Central Bank's Gold Sales Agreement.
"Apart from sales to mint coins the Bundesbank won't sell gold in the third year of the European agreement," a Bundesbank spokesman said.
But the bank is in contact with other central banks to transfer its third year
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- RBA paper modifies DGSE to include housing sector