The ECB's Governing Council opted to keep the key main refinancing rate at 4.25%. And Trichet said in his post-meeting statement that "the current monetary policy stance will contribute to the ECB achieving our objective [of maintaining price stability in the medium term]."
Record-high inflation means the central bank has litt
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power