"We are of the opinion that excessive volatility and disorderly movements in exchange rates are undesirable for economic growth," said a joint statement read out by Dutch Finance Minister Gerrit Zalm after Eurozone talks attended by ECB President Jean-Claude Trichet.
"We will monitor the situation closely," it added.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power