The paper, backed by the banks' deputy governors Mervyn King and Paul Jenkins, reflects an attempt to prevent countries like Argentina sliding towards crisis despite receiving huge IMF rescue packages.
The report argues that limits on lending - to be overridden only in exceptional circumstances and with a special staff report justifyin
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré