"These gold sales took place within the framework of the gold agreement (the 'Central Bank Gold Agreement') which was concluded between 15 European central banks," it said in a statement.
The bank said it had 227.7 tonnes of gold after the sale.
Press reports quoted a central bank spokeswoman as saying it would not sell any more gold this year. S
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde