The growth rate was 20 percentage points higher than a year ago.
The exchange rate of renminbi, the Chinese currency, remains stable. It stood at one US dollar for 8.2771 renminbi yuan at the end of June, basically keeping the level at the end of last year.
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard