According to Roach, central banks have "ducked responsibility" for asset price bubbles which could end up being a massive policy blunder.
"By consciously ignoring the perils of a mounting asset bubble ... the Fed became entrapped in the dreaded multi-bubble syndrome," he says.
"Central banks that let economies 'rip' because inflatio
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power