Opening the Jackson Hole conference on Friday, Bernanke said that the Fed would look to reduce systemic risk and, in doing so, curb excessive risk taking by strengthening the financial infrastructure and increasing the system-wide focus of financial regulation and supervision.
The experience of bailing out Bear Stearns, a now defunct investment bank, had
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde