Such a move would require Congressional approval and the Fed has not formerly made a move to seek such powers. However, leading media reported the plans on Wednesday.
The advantage for America's central bank would be two fold. First it would enable it to mop up liquidity operations carried out in an attempt to restore order to market
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations