"Some investors are buying gold partly in anticipation of central bank buying," Stephen Briggs, a London-based analyst at Societe Generale, said in an interview with Bloomberg News.
"The market believes that central banks such as in Asia are or are going to start buying, although we have not seen any evidence of this," Briggs said. "Bad fa
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase