The nomination of Ikeo, who is a professor of economics at Keio University, has triggered the latest episode in a long-running spat over senior appointments at the central bank between the LDP and the opposition Democratic Party of Japan (DPJ), which has control of the upper house of parliament.
The DPJ has
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market